Welcome to ETFLogic’s weekly update.
We look back at last week’s flows, provide details on new ETF launches and include a timely data point or tool from the ETFLogicInsights Platform.
We’ve added a cool new feature this week – all ticker’s in our analysis are now linked to pages – so you can further explore the ETFs mentioned for yourself!
One Week Trends
US Listed ETFs – Equity – 1 Week Best & Worst Returns
Biotech & healthcare the clear losing trend this week, with multiple biotech and healthcare thematic names all posting over -4% returns.
US Listed ETFs – Fixed Income – 1 Week Best & Worst Returns
Emerging Markets was the clear winning trend in fixed income, led by WisdomTree Emerging Markets Local Debt Fund (ELD) followed by iShares Emerging Markets High Yield Bond (EMHY) and iShares J.P. Morgan EM Corporate Bond (CEMB)
US Listed ETFs – Equity – 1 Week Inflows & Outflows
Interesting trend in large cap names, with a mix of top inflows and outflows.
Following with healthcare’s worst returns trend this week, iShares U.S. Medical Devices(IHI) made top outflows as well.
US Listed ETFs – Fixed Income – 1 Week Inflows & Outflows
Treasury bond names topped inflows, with iShares 20+ Year Treasury Bond (TLT) leading with a staggering $1.5B in.
Money flowed out of corporate bond names, led with almost $1B out of iShares iBoxx USD Investment Grade Corporate Bond (LQD).
On-Screen Liquidity Momentum
Top 10 secondary-market volume increases where ADV 5-day increased substantially over ADV 20-day and ADV 5-day > $10mm
|ETF Name||Ticker||% diff|
|SPDR Dow Jones REIT ETF||RWR||205%|
|ProShares Ultra NASDAQ Biotechnology||BIB||165%|
|iShares Russell Mid-Cap Value ETF||IWS||165%|
|iShares Edge MSCI Intl Quality Factor ETF||IQLT||162%|
|iShares Currency Hedged MSCI Eurozone ETF||HEZU||144%|
|iShares U.S. Healthcare Providers ETF||IHF||140%|
|First Trust Health Care AlphaDEX Fund||FXH||131%|
|Vanguard Short-Term Bond ETF||BSV||129%|
|Direxion Daily Healthcare Bull 3x Shares||CURE||128%|
|iShares U.S. Medical Devices ETF||IHI||119%|
New Launches, Filings, Closings and Changes
- Global X launched the Global X Russell 2000 Covered Call ETF, RYLF, 60bps
- iShares added an ETF to its target maturity municipal bond funds
- iShares iBonds Dec 2028 Term Muni Bond ETF, IBMQ, 18bos
- iShares also launched the iShares Self-Driving EV and Tech ETF, IDRV, 47bps
- Goldman Sachs launched an ultra-short-term bond ETF, the Goldman Sachs Access Ultra Short Bond ETF, GSST, 16bs
- Principal Global Investors is launching an actively managed short duration bond ETF, the Principal Ultra-Short Active Income ETF, USI, 18bps
- The ETF will concentrate on debts from the US Financial Services Industry
- Principal Exchange Traded Funds files for 3 new multi-factor ETFs
- Principal International Multi-Factor Core Index ETF
- Principal U.S. Large-Cap Multi-Factor Core Index ETF
- Principal U.S. Small-MidCap Multi-Factor Core Index ETF
Expense Ratio Changes
- Fidelity lowers the MSCI Energy Index ETF, FENY, expense ratio from 8.4bps to 8bps
- USSA slightly increased expense ratios on two fixed income ETFs
- USAA Core Intermediate-Term Bond ETF, UITB, from 38bps to 40bps
- USAA Core Short-Term Bond ETF, USTB, from 34bps to 35bps
- Direxion lowers the Direxion Daily CSI China Internet Index Bull 2X Shares ETF, CWEB, expense ratio from 136bps to 125bps
- Invesco increases the Raymond James SB-1 Equity ETF, RYJ, from 75bps to 81bps
- ClearShareslowers the Ultra-Short Maturity ETF, OPER, from 30bps to 20bps
- KraneShareslowers the MSCI All China Index ETF, KALL, from 72bps to 49bps
- Arrow Investment Advisors lowers Arrow Dogs of the World ETF, DOGS, from 204bps to 164bps