Last week the White House made moves to ban flavored vaping products, protesters took the streets to protest climate change and despite 2.1 million facebook RSVPs, only about 3,000 people showed up in Rachel, Nevada for the “Storm Area 51” event. (Here’s the lowdown if you missed all the news around AlienStock)
While everyone was thinking about “
Get our weekly update directly to your inbox
One Week ETF Trends
US Listed ETFs – Equity – 1 Week Best & Worst Returns
Last week, the Women in Leadership ETN WIL made nearly a 33% jump after a sharp fall earlier this month. The ETN fell from $71.4 on the 13th to $53.65 on the 16th, then rapidly made its way back up to just over the $71 mark by the end of Friday last week.
India-related and precious metal ETFs performed well last week, along with the Invesco
Energy ETFs saw a decline last week, as Saudi Arabia predicted oil production would completely bounce back in a few weeks.
US Listed ETFs – Fixed Income – 1 Week Best & Worst Returns
Long term treasury ETFs led fixed income returns, led by ZROZ and EDV.
The VelocityShares Long LIBOR ETN ULBR and Emerging markets ETFs EMIH and EMCB fell from their most recent highs last week.
US Listed ETFs – Equity – 1 Week Top Inflows & Outflows
Vanguard Mid-Cap and Growth ETFs VO and VUG saw
iShares lost $2B out of IWM and IVV last week, followed by other ETF giants, DIA, VOO, QQQ,
US Listed ETFs – Fixed Income -1 Week Top Inflows & Outflows
iShares fixed income ETFs dominated inflows, led by treasury ETFs IEF and IEI.
On the other hand, the iShares Short Treasury Bond ETF SHV saw an outflow of 1.5B. Other short-term treasury ETFs also saw outflows for the week.
On-Screen Liquidity Momentum
Top 10 secondary-market volume increases where ADV 5-day increased substantially over ADV 20-day and ADV 5-day > $10mm[table id=30 /]
ETF Launches, Filings, Closings & Expense Ratio Changes
- Global X Cannabis ETF POTX, 50bps
- iShares iBonds Dec 2029 Term Corporate ETF IBDU, 10bps
- SPDR Bloomberg SASB Corporate Bond ESG Select ETF
- SPDR Bloomberg SASB US Large Cap Dividend Yield ESG Select ETF
- SPDR Bloomberg SASB US Large Cap ESG Select ETF
- SPDR Bloomberg SASB US Large Cap Growth ESG Select ETF
- SPDR Bloomberg SASB US Large Cap Value ESG Select ETF
- iShares U.S. Tech Breakthrough Multisector ETF
- 3 Direxion ETFs last day of trading Oct. 11
- Direxion Daily EURO STOXX 50 Bull 3X Shares EUXL
- Direxion Daily High Yield Bear 2X Shares HYDD
- Direxion Daily 7-10 Year Treasury Bear 1X Shares TYNS
- AdvisorShares Sabretooth ETF BKCH Sept. 27
- VanEck Vectors High Income Infrastructure MLP ETF YMLI Oct. 18
Expense Ratio Changes:
- Invesco Zacks Mid-Cap ETF CZA, 68bps-76bps
- FormulaFolios Tactical Income ETF FFTI, 105bps-104bps
- FormulaFolios Hedged Growth ETF FFHG, 116bps-119bps
- State Street rebranded 7 of its existing funds to be included in their family of low-cost core “Portfolio” ETFs
- SPDR MSCI ACWI ETF ACIM, 25bps→SPDR Portfolio MSCI Global Stock Market ETF SPGM, 9bps
- SPDR STOXX® Europe 50 ETF FEU, 29bps→SPDR Portfolio Europe ETF SPEU, 9bps
- SPDR Bloomberg Barclays Corporate Bond ETF CBND, 6bps→SPDR Portfolio Corporate Bond ETF SPBO, 6bps
- SPDR Bloomberg Barclays
Intermediate TermTreasury ETF ITE, 6bps→SPDR Portfolio Intermediate TermTreasury ETF SPTI, 6bps
- SPDR Bloomberg Barclays
Mortgage BackedBond ETF MBG, 6bps→SPDR Portfolio Mortgage BackedBond ETF SPMB, 6bps
- SPDR ICE BofAML Broad High Yield Bond ETF CJNK, 15bps→SPDR Portfolio High Yield Bond ETF
- SPDR Bloomberg Barclays TIPS ETF IPE, 15bps→SPDR Portfolio TIPS ETF SPIP, 12bps
- USCF Announced a one-for-two Reverse Share Split for the United States 3x Short Oil Fund USOD, effective October 3.