OxyContin maker Purdue Pharma has filed for chapter 11, a drone attack on Saudi oil production facilities knocked out nearly 5% of global oil supply, and football season is now in full swing.
Here’s all of the biggest ETF market moves from last week
Get our weekly update directly to your inbox
One Week ETF Trends
US Listed ETFs – Equity – 1 Week Best & Worst Returns
Small-cap equities saw a boost last week, which led to the Invesco S&P SmallCap Materials ETF PSCM and PGIM QMA Strategic Alpha Small-Cap Value ETF PQSV taking the top equity ETF returns positions this week.
Precious metals ETFs continued on their losing streak, with the majority of the worst performing names related to mining.
US Listed ETFs – Fixed Income – 1 Week Best & Worst Returns
The VelocityShares Long LIBOR ETN ULBR gained a whopping 13.73% over the course of the week. Wisdomtree negative duration bond funds HYND and AGND also made signficant gains last week.
While the VelocityShares Long LIBOR product soared, the short LIBOR ETN DLBR saw a drop of over 10%. Long term treasury ETFs also saw poor performance last week.
US Listed ETFs – Equity – Top Inflows & Outflows
The J.P Morgan Alerian MLP Index ETN AMJ saw largest outflows for the week, followed by Fidelity NASDAQ Composite Index Tracking Stock ONEQ.
US Listed ETFs – Fixed Income – 1 Week Inflows & Outflows
High yield bond ETFs HYG and JNK led fixed income inflows while intermediate-term Treasury bond ETFs IEF and ITE saw the largest outflows, followed by the iShares JP Morgan USD Emerging Markets Bond EMB.
On-Screen Liquidity Momentum
Top 10 secondary-market volume increases where ADV 5-day increased substantially over ADV 20-day and ADV 5-day > $10mm
New Launches, Filings, Closings andChanges
- The U.S. Vegan Climate ETF VEGN, 60bps
- The iPath Series B Carbon ETN GRN, 75bps
- The Invesco BulletShares 2029 Corporate Bond ETF BSCT, 10bps
- Invesco BulletShares 2027 High Yield Corporate Bond ETF BSJR, 42bps
- American Century adds Avantis Emerging Markets Equity ETF AVEM, 33bps
- Franklin Liberty US Core Bond ETF FLCB, 14bps (in first two years and then 19bps from June 2021)
- Source Dividend Opportunity ETF
- KraneShares KFA Dynamic Fixed Income ETF
- QRAFT AI-Enhanced U.S. High Dividend ETF HDIV
- JPMorgan BetaBuilders International Equity ETF
- KraneShares Star Market Index ETF KSTR
Expense Ratio Changes:
- JPMorgan High Yield Research Enhanced ETF JPHY 40→24bps
- Hartford Multifactor Emerging Markets ETF ROAM49→44bps