Welcome to ETFLogic’s Weekly Newsletter for the week ended January 4, 2019.
We look back at last week’s flows, provide details on new ETF launches and include a timely data point or tool from the ETFLogic Insights Platform.
The Tigers rolled over the Tide last night, the Government shutdown continues as Trump demands border wall funding, the era of Sears comes to an end and Bohemian Rhapsody stole the Golden Globes.
Here’s what is happening in ETFs…
One Week Trends
New Launches, Filings, Closings and Changes
267 new ETF launches in 2018
- Innovator Funds launched 3 new defined outcome ETFs, each with expense ratio of 79bps
- Innovator S&P 500 Power Buffer ETF – January, PJAN
- Innovator S&P 500 Buffer ETF – January, BJAN
- Innovator S&P 500 Ultra Buffer ETF – January, UJAN
- New issuer, Syntax, launched their first ETF, the Syntax Stratified Large Cap ETF, SSPY, 30bps
- First Trust launched an actively managed ETF-of-ETFs offering exposure to low-duration fixed income, the First Trust Low Duration Strategic Focus ETF, LDSF, 86bps
- Collaborative Investment Series Trust files for a Tactical Income ETF
152 ETF closures in 2018
- Invesco shut down its two 2018 target-maturity ETFs upon maturation
- The Invesco BulletShares 2018 Corporate Bond ETF, BSCI
- The Invesco BulletShares 2018 High Yield Corporate Bond ETF, BSJI
- ProSports Sponsors ETF, FANZ, will close
Mirae Asset Global Investments, which acquired ETF issuer Global X, re-branded its other U.S.-listed ETFs as Global X products. The financial company’s three Horizons ETFs adopted the Global X name on Dec. 24.
- Global X DAX Germany ETF (DAX), previously known as the Horizons DAX Germany ETF
- Global X NASDAQ 100 Covered Call ETF (QYLD), previously known as the Horizons NASDAQ 100 Covered Call ETF
- Global X S&P 500 Covered Call ETF (HSPX), previously known as the Horizons S&P 500 Covered Call ETF
Showcasing ETFLogic‘s TruLiquidity Report Card
ETFLogic TruLiquidity Report Cards are ready! See how your favorite ETF scored. Reach out to Lindsey for a customized report on any number of ETFs.
Why look at this report? This ETFLogic analytics one-pager brings together valuable pre-trade metrics and analytics. With a quick glance you can review historical bid-ask spreads, estimate average spreads at different times of the day to get into a better trade, compare with peers, check out basket pre-trade impact and be aware of factor exposures.