US Equities hit another all time high last week on continued trade deal optimism, but fixed incomes moved little during the short trading week.
European equities drew higher, and the pound rose against the US Dollar as the conservative party seems likely to win the parliament majority in the upcoming UK elections.
Asian markets also performed well on the trade deal optimism, but chinese equities fell as the US legislation supporting Hong Kong protesters complicated negotiations.
Get our weekly update directly to your inbox
One Week ETF Trends
US Listed ETFs – Equity – 1 Week Best & Worst Returns
Last week, the Virtus Biotech ETF BBC led equity returns followed by a majority of precious metals ETFs and an additional biotech ETF GNOM from Global X.
The iShares MSCI Chile ETF ECH saw the worst equity performance due to the political volatility seen recently. MLPs also saw poor performance last week.
US Listed ETFs – Fixed Income – 1 Week Best & Worst Returns
The VelocityShares Long LIBOR ETN ULBR led fixed income returns, and high yield corporate bond ETFs also seemed to perform well overall for the week.
International bond fund IPFF had the worst performance for the week, followed by emerging markets bond fund FEMB.
US Listed ETFs – Equity – 1 Week Top Inflows & Outflows
SPY saw massive inflows last week, followed by IWM and QQQ. Two small cap ETFs (IJR & SCZ) also made the top inflows list.
The minimum volatility factor ETF USMV saw the largest outflows last week, followed by quality factor fund QUAL.
US Listed ETFs – Fixed Income -1 Week Top Inflows & Outflows
The iShares US and International Aggregate bond funds AGG and IAGG led fixed income flows. Vanguards international index ETF BNDX also followed.
The iShares short term treasury ETFs SHV and SHY saw largest outflows for the fixed income category.
On-Screen Liquidity Momentum
Top 10 secondary-market volume increases where ADV 5-day increased substantially over ADV 20-day and ADV 5-day > $10mm
|IQ 500 International ETF||IQIN||390%|
|Invesco BuyBack Achievers ETF||PKW||312%|
|iShares Core International Aggregate Bond ETF||IAGG||306%|
|iShares Core MSCI International Developed Markets ETF||IDEV||296%|
|FlexShares STOXX Global Broad Infrastructure Index Fund||NFRA||274%|
|iShares U.S. Consumer Services ETF||IYC||254%|
|SPDR S&P 400 Mid Cap Value ETF||MDYV||239%|
|JPMorgan BetaBuilders Europe ETF||BBEU||238%|
|iShares Global Financials ETF||IXG||231%|
|iShares Global Energy ETF||IXC||217%|
- MicroSectors FANG+ ETN FNGS, 58bps
- Innovator S&P 500 Ultra Buffer ETF – December UDEC
- Innovator S&P 500 Buffer ETF – December BDEC
- Innovator S&P 500 Power Buffer ETF – December PDEC
- Timothy Plan International ETF TPIF
- Timothy Plan US Small Cap Core ETF TPSC
Expense Ratio Changes
- Anfield Universal Fixed Income ETF AFIF, 100-132bps
- Virtus Newfleet Dynamic Credit ETF BLHY, 68-69bps
- Fidelity MSCI Energy Index ETF FENY, 8-8.4bps
- Hartford Short Duration ETF HSRT, 32-30bps
- Invesco BLDRS Developed Markets 100 ADR Index Fund ADRD, 30-27bps
- Arrow DWA Country Rotation ETF DWCR, 134-95bps
- Arrow DWA Tactical ETF DWAT, 170-169bps
- Arrow Dogs of the World ETF DOGS, 164-134bps