Stocks declined for the third straight week as weak US manufacturing data emerged. In the UK, Boris Johnson’s latest Brexit proposal was presented as the Halloween deadline approaches. Further east, China cracked down on censorship of the NBA after tweets from the Rockets general manager Daryl Morey in support of Hong Kong protesters. They later completely scrubbed the Chinese internet of any trace of South Park after the “Band in China” episode mocking the situation aired on Wednesday.
Get our weekly update directly to your inbox
One Week ETF Trends
US Listed ETFs – Equity – 1 Week Best & Worst Returns
The Global X MSCI Pakistan ETF PAK led equity ETF returns as the PSX (Pakistan Stock Exchange) showed a bullish trend and gained significantly last week.
The AdvisorShares Actively managed cannabis ETF YOLO also posted significant gains, followed by a mix of mainly tech and biotech ETFs.
The Global X MSCI Nigeria ETF NGE dropped five and a half percent and was followed by Principal’s ETF tracking the Contrarian Value index PVAL and iShares MSCI Turkey ETF TUR.
US Listed ETFs – Fixed Income – 1 Week Best & Worst Returns
The short LIBOR ETN DLBR led fixed income ETF returns, followed by the iPath suite of 2, 5, and 10 year bull Treasury ETNs.
Emerging market ETFs ELD, LEMB, and EMLC also made the top performing chart.
Long LIBOR ETN ULBR fell over 7%, followed by iShares international
US Listed ETFs – Equity – 1 Week Top Inflows & Outflows
IVV led equity inflows followed by the iShares Edge MSCI U.S.A Quality Factor QUAL.
SPY saw $3.2B in outflows, followed by IWM and QQQ.
US Listed ETFs – Fixed Income -1 Week Top Inflows & Outflowss
The iShares U.S Treasury Bond ETF GOVT saw the largest inflows, but overall little trend to the top inflows list.
The two largest high-yield corporate bond ETFs HYG and JNK saw outflows last week, while Xtrackers high yield corporate bond ETF HYLB saw inflows of $200M
On-Screen Liquidity Momentum
Top 10 secondary-market volume increases where ADV 5-day increased substantially over ADV 20-day and ADV 5-day > $10mm[table id=32 /]
Launches, Filings, Closings, Expense Ratio & Other Changes
- GraniteShares launched XOUT U.S. Larg Cap ETF XOUT, 60bps
- Overlay Shares Core Bond ETF OVB, 79bps
- Overlay Shares Foreign Equity ETF OVF, 96bps
- Overlay Shares Large Cap Equity ETF OVL, 78bps
- Overlay Shares Small Cap Equity ETF OVS, 82bps
- Overlay Shares Municipal Bond ETF OVM, 100bps
- Barclays iPath unit rolls out the first no-fee ETNs
- iPath Gold ETN GBUG
Silver ETN SBUG iPath
- Schwab is launching 3 bond ETFs at just 6bps on Thursday
- Schwab Short-Term Corporate Bond ETF SCHJ
- Schwab Intermediate-Term Corporate Bond ETF SCHI
- Schwab US Long-Term U.S. Treasury ETF SCHQ
- CP High Yield Trend ETF
- SP Funds Dow Jones Global Sukuk ETF
- SP Funds S&P 500 Sharia Industry Exclusions ETF
- ProShares 100 Accelerator ETF
- ProShares 500 Accelerator ETF
- Pacer CSOP FTSE China A50 ETF
Expense Ratio Changes:
- Franklin Liberty U.S. Low Volatility ETF FLLV, 50→29bps
- Hartford Municipal Opportunities ETF HMOP, 30→29bps
- Amplify ETFs announces the conversion of the YieldShares High Income ETF YYY to the Amplify ETF Trust from the Exchange Traded Concepts Trust, effective yesterday October 7.