We look back at last week’s flows, provide details on new ETF launches and include a timely data point or tool from the ETFLogicInsights Platform.
One Week Trends
US Listed ETFs – Equity – 1 Week Best & Worst Returns
- Energy and Banking ETFs led the pack last week.
- Health Care and Miner focused ETFs at the bottom.
US Listed ETFs – Fixed Income – 1 Week Best & Worst Returns
Interest rate hedged corporate bond funds at the top while longer duration Treasury focused ETFs at the bottom.
US Listed ETFs – Equity – 1 Week Inflows & Outflows
SPY had the biggest week of inflows this year with $5bn. Flows continued into Financials and JPMorgan’s European and Canadian BetaBuilders products this week.
Again, we saw flows out of EFA and flows into IEFA. As we determined last week, this is potentially due to 31bps cost of EFAand 8bps for IEFA
US Listed ETFs – Fixed Income – 1 Week Inflows & Outflows
Inflows led by iShares U.S. Treasury Bond, GOVT, with close to $1bn.
Outflows led by iShares JP Morgan USD Emerging Markets Bond, EMB, $500mm
On-Screen Liquidity Momentum
Top 10 secondary-market volume increases where ADV 5-day increased substantially over ADV 20-day and ADV 5-day > $10mm
|ETF Name||Ticker||% diff|
|Nuveen Enhanced Yield U.S. Aggregate Bond||NUAG||298%|
|iShares Government/Credit Bond||GBF||262%|
|iShares MSCI Japan Small-Cap||SCJ||252%|
|iShares Global Materials||MXI||202%|
|iShares Interest Rate Hedged Corporate Bond ETF||LQDH||183%|
|iShares Global 100 ETF||IOO||179%|
|iShares Edge MSCI U.S.A. Size Factor ETF||SIZE||173%|
|Vanguard Long-Term Bond ETF||BLV||128%|
|iShares Global Tech ETF||IXN||125%|
|iShares Broad USD Investment Grade Corporate Bond ETF||USIG||111%|
New Launches, Filings, Closings and Changes
- On April 4, WisdomTreelaunched the WisdomTree India ex-State-Owned Enterprises Fund, IXSE, 58bps
- REX Shares added 5 new ETNs to its MicroSectors series. These cover Big Oil and are leveraged and inverse and all have expense ratio of 95bps
- MicroSectors U.S. Big Oil Index 3x Leveraged ETN, NRGU
- MicroSectors U.S. Big Oil Index -3x Inverse Leveraged ETN, NRGD
- MicroSectors U.S. Big Oil Index 2x Leveraged ETN, NRGO
- MicroSectors U.S. Big Oil Index -2x Inverse Leveraged ETN, NRGZ
- MicroSectors U.S. Big Oil Index Inverse ETN, YGRN
- Goldman Sachs launched an actively managed very short duration bond ETF
- The Goldman Sachs Access Ultra Short Bond ETF, 16bps in first year, may move up to 20bps in March 2020
- Procure Space ETF, UFO, 75bps
- SoFi launched its two “zero-fee” ETFs. Both come with 19bps expense ratio and 19bps waivers
- The SoFi Select 500, SFY
- The SoFi Next 500, SFYX
- Global X launched another thematic ETF focused on cloud computing technology
- The Global X Cloud Computing ETF, CLOU, 68bps
- KraneSharesadded an ETF with Emerging Markets exposure, excluding China
- The KraneShares MSCI Emerging Markets ex China Index ETF, KEMX, 59%