Last week the Federal Reserve cut interest rates, Trump escalated trade tensions with China, and America saw one of its worst weeks of gun violence to date.
With everything going on, here are all the major moves seen in the ETF marketplace.
Get our weekly update directly to your inbox
One Week ETF Trends
US Listed ETFs – Equity – 1 Week Best & Worst Returns
The Invesco Solar ETF TANmade a 5.7% jump last week and was the top-performing equity ETF. Other clean energy ETFs CNRGand ACESmade the list as well.
Real estate and cannabis were the other two winning categories last week.
The Global X Copper Miners ETF COPX saw the biggest loss,and was followed by a number of other metal-related ETFs. Semiconductor ETFs SOXXand SMH also took a major hit.
US Listed ETFs – Fixed Income – 1 Week Best & Worst Returns
After last week’s rate cut the Fed signaled more cuts would be unlikely, which led to a boost to long term treasury ETFs.
The VelocityShares Long LIBOR ETN ULBRwas the worst performing fixed income ETF, followed by a number of convertible securities ETFs.
Emerging markets fixed income ETFs also saw poorperformance last week.
US Listed ETFs – Equity – Top Inflows & Outflows
Emerging markets ETF EEM saw last week’s largest outflows. Semiconductor ETFs SOXX and SMH also made top outflows list in addition to worst returns.
US Listed ETFs – Fixed Income – 1 Week Inflows & Outflows
Long term treasury ETF TLT saw the largest inflow last week, while high yield corporate bond ETF HYGsaw nearly $560M in outflows.
On-Screen Liquidity Momentum
Top 10 secondary-market volume increases where ADV 5-day increased substantially over ADV 20-day and ADV 5-day > $10mm
|iShares Government/Credit Bond ETF||GBF||373%|
|iShares Broad USD High Yield Corporate Bond ETF||USHY||330%|
|iShares Edge MSCI U.S.A. Size Factor ETF||SIZE||309%|
|SPDR Blackstone / GSO Senior Loan ETF||SRLN||278%|
|iShares 10-20 Year Treasury Bond ETF||TLH||271%|
|iShares ESG MSCI EM ETF||ESGE||261%|
|Vanguard Extended Market ETF||VXF||251%|
|Principal U.S. Mega-Cap Multi-Factor Index ETF||USMC||251%|
|PGIM Ultra Short Bond ETF||PULS||250%|
|WisdomTree Japan SmallCap Dividend Fund||DFJ||242%|
New Launches, Filings, Closings andChanges
- IQ Ultra Short Duration ETF ULTR, 24bps
- Innovator S&P 500 Ultra Buffer ETF – August UAUG, 79bps
- Innovator S&P 500 Power Buffer ETF – August PAUG, 79bps
- Innovator S&P 500 Buffer ETF – August BAUG, 79bps
- Franklin Liberty Systematic Style Premia ETF
- North Shore Global Uranium Mining ETF
- Pacific Global Focused High Yield ETF
- Pacific Global Senior Loan ETF
- Day Hagan/Ned Davis Research Smart Sector ETF
- ProShares UltraShort Gold Miners GDXS
- ProShares Ultra Gold Miners GDXX
- ProShares CDS Short North American HY Credit ETF WYDE
Expense Ratio Changes:
- KraneShares CSI China Internet ETF KWEB, 76→70bps
- KraneShares Emerging Markets Consumer Technology Index ETF KEMQ, 80→79bps
- AlphaClone Alternative Alpha ETF ALFA, 69→65bps
- iShares Russell Mid-Cap Growth ETF IWP, 25→24bps
- iShares U.S. Aerospace & Defense ETF ITA, 43→42bps
- iShares Global Infrastructure ETF IGF, 47→46bps
- iShares Expanded Tech-Software Sector ETF IGV, 47→46bps
- iShares Expanded Tech Sector ETF IGM, 47→46bps
- Franklin LibertyQ U.S. Equity ETF FLQL, 25→15bps
- iShares U.S. Telecommunications ETF IYZ, 43→42bps
- Franklin LibertyQ Emerging Markets ETF FLQE, 55→45bps
- iShares U.S. Pharmaceuticals ETF IHE, 43→42bps
- iShares Global Financials ETF IXG, 47→46bps
- iShares U.S. Broker-Dealers & Securities Exchanges ETF IAI, 43→42bps
- iShares U.S. Oil & Gas Exploration & Production ETF IEO, 43→42bps
- iShares Global Timber & Forestry ETF WOOD, 47→46bps
- iShares Global Consumer Discretionary ETF RXI, 47→46bps
- iShares Global Utilities ETF JXI, 47→46bps
- iShares North American Tech-Multimedia Networking ETF IGN, 47→46bps
- Columbia India Consumer ETF INCO, 76→75bps
- KraneShares MSCI One Belt One Road Index ETF OBOR, 80→79bps
- KraneShares E Fund China Commercial Paper ETF KCNY, 62→59bps
- Franklin Liberty International Aggregate Bond ETF FLIA, 35→25bps
- KraneShares CICC China Leaders 100 Index ETF KFYP, 71→70bps
- KraneShares MSCI China Environment Index ETF KGRN, 79→80bps