Welcome to ETFLogic’s weekly update.
We look back at last week’s flows, provide details on new ETF launches and include a timely data point or tool from the ETFLogicInsights Platform.
One Week Trends
US Listed ETFs – Equity – 1 Week Best & Worst Returns
Last week saw an interesting winner – the Direxion MSCI Cyclicals Over Defensives ETF RWCD. This fund measures the performance of a portfolio that has 150% long exposure to the MSCI USA Cyclical Sectors Index and 50% short exposure to the MSCI USA Defensive Sectors Index.
The technology sector was amongst the winners last week as well, led by Invesco DWA Technology Momentum fund PTF.
India and China seemed to be last week’s biggest losers, followed by a mix of energy, precious metals, Pakistan, and UAE names.
US Listed ETFs – Fixed Income – 1 Week Best & Worst Returns
Convertible securities led the fixed income charge last week, and there were a number of emerging markets ETFs which topped out as well.
Long term treasury ETFs were last weeks biggest losers.
US Listed ETFs – Equity – 1 Week Inflows & Outflows
SPY led inflows last week, while money flowed out of VTI.
US Listed ETFs – Fixed Income – 1 Week Inflows & Outflows
Interesting mix of flows for short term treasury names, with large inflows into SHV and major outflows from SHY
On-Screen Liquidity Momentum
Top 10 secondary-market volume increases where ADV 5-day increased substantially over ADV 20-day and ADV 5-day > $10mm
|ETF Name||Ticker||% diff|
|Principal Investment Grade Corporate Active ETF||IG||400%|
|iShares ESG MSCI EM ETF||ESGE||269%|
|iShares Short Treasury Bond ETF||SHV||257%|
|ETFMG Prime Mobile Payments ETF||IPAY||251%|
|iShares 1-3 Year Treasury Bond ETF||SHY||239%|
|Vanguard FTSE Pacific ETF||VPL||226%|
|iShares 0-5 Year TIPS Bond ETF||STIP||214%|
|Invesco S&P 500 Equal Weight Consumer Staples ETF||RHS||208%|
|Materials Select Sector SPDR Fund||XLB||205%|
|SPDR Portfolio Short Term Treasury ETF||SPTS||200%|
New Launches, Filings, Closings and Changes
- Innovation a United States ETF INAU, 81 bps
- Innovation Alpha Global ETF INAG, 81 bps
- Innovation Alpha Trade War ETF TWAR, 80 bps
- Pacer Trendpilot Fund of Funds ETF TRND, 78 bps
- iShares Edge MSCI Multifactor USA Mid-Cap ETF MIDF, 25 bps
- Global X filed for its own Marijuana ETF
- ProShares is closing 3 ETFs that offer exposure to gold miner stocks and credit default swaps in August
Expense Ratio Changes
- Columbia EM Core ex-China ETF XCEM, 35-23 bps
- Columbia Multi-Sector Municipal Income ETF MUST, 28-23 bps
- KraneShares MSCI All China Health Care Index ETF KURE, 82-65 bps
XtrackersLow Beta High Yield Bond ETF HYDW, 25-20 bps