Welcome to ETFLogic’s weekly update.
We look back at last week’s flows, provide details on new ETF launches and include a timely data point or tool from the ETFLogicInsights Platform.
One Week Trends
US Listed ETFs – Equity – 1 Week Best & Worst Returns
Health care was also a winning category, with the remaining top 10 returns all being health care & biotech related names, with the exception of the tech-focused Ark Innovation ETF ARKK.
China tensions escalated in the second half of the week, which led to significant losses to China names.
US Listed ETFs – Fixed Income – 1 Week Best & Worst Returns
Long duration and municipal bond ETFs led fixed income returns last week, led by PIMCO 25+ Year Zero Coupon US Treasury Index ZROZ.
Emerging Markets local bonds had the worst returns last week, along with other international fixed income names.
US Listed ETFs – Equity – 1 Week Inflows & Outflows
Semiconductors have made a significant comeback in 2019, with SMH and other semiconductor names SOXX, FTXL, and XSD all posting noteworthy returns YTD. But with the latest shake-up on a US-China trade deal, it’ll be interesting to see if this comeback from chipmakers will continue
US Listed ETFs – Fixed Income – 1 Week Inflows & Outflows
Fixed income ETF inflows were led by iShares Broad USD High Yield Corporate Bond USHY. Short term bond ETFs had significant inflows last week as well.
Outflows were led by iShares iBoxx USD Investment Grade Corporate Bond LQD. Treasury bonds also saw large outflows last week.
On-Screen Liquidity Momentum
Top 10 secondary-market volume increases where ADV 5-day increased substantially over ADV 20-day and ADV 5-day > $10mm
|ETF Name||Ticker||% diff|
|Principal Investment Grade Corporate Active ETF||IG||296%|
|Invesco 1-30 Laddered Treasury ETF||PLW||268%|
|iShares Broad USD High Yield Corporate Bond ETF||USHY||263%|
|Invesco BuyBack Achievers ETF||PKW||220%|
|Invesco S&P 500 Pure Growth ETF||RPG||203%|
|Invesco Russell Top 200 Pure Growth ETF||PXLG||186%|
|iShares U.S. Consumer Services ETF||IYC||159%|
|SPDR S&P China ETF||GXC||152%|
|Invesco S&P 500 Top 50 ETF||XLG||149%|
|Invesco DWA Momentum ETF||PDP||144%|
New Launches, Filings, Closings and Changes
- Pacer adds 5 new funds
- iPath Series B S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures ETN VXX, 89 bps
- iPath Series B S&P 500 VIX Mid-Term Futures ETN VXZ, 89 bps
- Timothy Plan High Dividend Stock ETF TPHD, 52 bps
- Invesco adds to its BulletShares products with two new funds
- Invesco BulletShares 2029 Corporate Bond ETF
- Invesco BulletShares 2027 High Yield Corporate Bond ETF
- WBI to close its two international ETFs
- Xtrackers MSCI United Kingdom Hedged Equity ETF DBUK
- Xtrackers Germany Equity ETF GRMY
Expense Ratio Changes
- CWA Income ETF, CWAI 75→76 bps
- Vanguard changed the cost of 11 of its funds
- Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF VTI, 4→3 bps
- Vanguard S&P 500 ETF VOO, 4→3 bps
- Vanguard FTSE Developed Markets ETF VEA, 7→5 bps
- Vanguard FTSE Emerging Markets ETF VWO, 14→12 bps
- Vanguard Value ETF VTV, 5→4 bps
- Vanguard Growth ETF VUG, 5→4 bps
- Vanguard Total Bond Market ETF BND, 5→4 bps
- Vanguard Mid-Cap ETF VO, 5→4 bps
- Vanguard Large-Cap ETF VV, 5→4 bps
- Vanguard Extended Market ETF VXF, 8→7 bps
- Vanguard Global ex-U.S. Real Estate ETF VNQI, 14→12 bps
- First Trust