Welcome to ETFLogic’s weekly update.
We look back at last week’s flows, provide details on new ETF launches and include a timely data point or tool from the ETFLogicInsights Platform.
One Week Trends
US Listed ETFs – Equity – 1 Week Best & Worst Returns
Last week brought high returns for the Indian subcontinent, with Pakistani, Indian, and Indonesian equities spiking as the Indian general election came to a close.
Similarly, Brazilian equities saw a spike last week as the country moves toward a number of key reforms led by Bolsonaro, which if executed properly could lead to rapid growth.
Real estate and Utilities also posted significant returns last week.
US Listed ETFs – Fixed Income – 1 Week Best & Worst Returns
The VelocityShare Long LIBOR ETN ULBR led losses last week, as the federal reserve and other government agencies has put forth guidelines to adopt other reference rates.
US Listed ETFs – Equity – 1 Week Inflows & Outflows
US Listed ETFs – Fixed Income – 1 Week Inflows & Outflows
Vanguard Total Bond Market BND led fixed income ETF flows for the third week in a row.
Long term treasury ETFs saw major inflows in addition to posting some of the best returns last week.
Short term corporate bonds had money pouring out of them last week, and the largest outflow was from iShares iBoxx $ Investment Grade Corporate Bond LQD.
On-Screen Liquidity Momentum
Top 10 secondary-market volume increases where ADV 5-day increased substantially over ADV 20-day and ADV 5-day > $10mm
|ETF Name||Ticker||% diff|
|Xtrackers MSCI U.S.A. ESG Leaders Equity ETF||USSG||300%|
|Xtrackers International Real Estate ETF||HAUZ||297%|
|VanEck Vectors Rare Earth/Strategic Metals ETF||REMX||273%|
|JPMorgan BetaBuilders MSCI U.S. REIT ETF||BBRE||219%|
|Invesco S&P 500 High Beta ETF||SPHD||216%|
|iShares Commodities Select Strategy ETF||COMT||189%|
|Invesco CurrencyShares British Pound Sterling Trust||FXB||162%|
|iShares International Developed Real Estate ETF||IFGL||155%|
|iShares U.S. Utilities ETF||IDU||146%|
|Xtrackers MSCI Europe Hedged Equity ETF||DBEU||110%|
New Launches, Filings, Closings and Changes
- QRAFT AI-Enhanced U.S. Large Cap Momentum ETF AMOM,75
- QRAFT AI-Enhanced U.S. Large Cap ETF QRFT, 75 bps
- WisdomTree Modern Tech Platforms Fund PLAT, 45 bps
- AGFiQ Global Infrastructure ETF GLIF, 45 bps
- AGFiQ Dynamic Hedged U.S. Equity ETF USHG, 55 bps
- Columbia Threadneedlefiled for two smart beta ETFs
- First Trust filed the First Trust Multi-Manager Small Cap ETF
- Columbia Threadneedle plans to shut down four ETFs on June 14
- QuantX officially exited the ETF market with the close of their three funds last week
Expense Ratio Changes
- First Trust Dow Jones Internet Index Fund FDN 53→52 bps
- First Trust NYSE Arca Biotechnology Index Fund FBT 56→57 bps
- First Trust NASDAQ-100 Technology Sector Index Fund QTEC 58→57 bps
- First Trust S&P REIT Index Fund FRI 48→50 bps
- AdvisorShares Newfleet Multi-Sector Income ETF MINC 75→69 bps